Senior Director, Product Design
Outreach is a customer engagement workflow solution that helps customer-facing reps plan and execute strategies for how they interact with clients across the customer experience. Our unique value proposition really centers around our ability to help reps shortcut and eliminate repetitive tasks through automation and streamlined workflows, and show them how to be more successful. We help them plan and tackle their calls, emails, calendaring activities, build new strategies, measure performance, and more.
For this value proposition, UX is not just important – it’s critical. Today we have a UX team of six, comprised of user research and product designers who are incredibly passionate about solving real user challenges, and shipping great experiences. We are looking for a head of UX to come in, take the reins, and lead the business with phenomenal UX strategy, vision and execution – as well as user empathy.
This is an opportunity to work within an exceptionally fast growing startup that has recently attained “unicorn status”, has won multiple best places to work awards, and who holds our cultural values near and dear. We’re looking for somebody who can inspire and enable an incredible team to achieve new levels of success on behalf of our users and the business.
Outreach Dribbble: https://dribbble.com/outreach
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Work with the UX team to define the UX vision and strategy in a clear and compelling way.
- Drive empathy across the business in terms of who our users are, what matters to them, and what their challenges are.
- Build, manage and mentor an exceptional UX team to meet the needs of our UX strategy/vision.
- Champion ongoing improvements by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Coach the UX team on how to align impact on user experience to the KPIs the business is prioritizing, and support them in advocacy for driving impact.
- Work with the team to define design strategy, UX architecture, style guides, and usability patterns to drive efficiency and consistency into our user experience.
- Uphold and maintain a high standard and consistency of user experience and brand standards for our products and experiences.
- Coach and provide feedback on your team’s performance and ensure they are delivering high quality work on time that meets user and business needs.
- Define career paths, helping people to identify opportunities for growth and define plans for achieving measurable goals.
- Own the end-to-end UX processes of the team, and how they integrate with other parts of the organization – including PM/engineering, but also our customer-facing teams.
- Align with leadership counterparts across the business on the critical KPIs to impact and prioritization across the quarter and year.
- Demonstrate to your UX team, and across the business, how making impacts on the user experience translates to our success in the market.
- Work closely with cross-functional team of product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to define business and feature requirements, and ensure that teams are collaborating effectively to execute on company strategy.
- Ensure creative working environment, and plan team education events, offsites, morale events.
- Infuse the business’ culture with design thinking. Champion new, creative exercises and processes to help employees in any department have a deeper understanding of our users, and how we can positively impact them.
- 4+ years as director of medium or large UX teams.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders and especially to senior executives.
- Ability to effect change. There are many things that we still need to evolve and improve how we work, and this role will be a key part in driving that change.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A passion for building product. A desire to make things better. A sense of optimism.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations.
- Ability to motivate and inspire people to grow, learn, succeed, do their very best work
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect.
- Experience hiring and managing performance.
- Strong systems and conceptual thinker, ability to understand complex systems.
- Strong sense of product design, from high level strategic direction down to UI design details.
- Visual design expertise; capacity for creating engaging, highly usable and intuitive designs and layouts, with a propensity towards simplification.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles.
- Experience closely collaborating with technical teams and ensuring designs work within their development libraries and frameworks.
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
- Experience working with an iteration based development process such as SCRUM.
- An online portfolio of work with a proven track record for solving difficult UX design problems and simplifying difficult business process to intuitive interfaces for customers.
- You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Unlimited PTO (and people actually use it!)
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Read Full Job Description