Senior Experience Designer
- Design high-level flows and user journeys that map compelling user experiences.
- Scope and run multiple concurrent design projects.
- Collaborate to craft and refine the user model and user interface for new and existing products, for both GUI and CLI-based experiences.
- Comfort working in an “agile” team environment with all of the typical processes and rituals (standups, retros, kanban boards etc).
- Provide and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Craft and shape user personas and engage in sustained, ongoing dialog with our users.
- Conduct user research and usability tests to collect and incorporate user feedback.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate design decisions.
- You should have strong communication skills, the ability to articulate design decisions, as well as excellent collaboration and leadership abilities, and a strong visual design sense.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, product/industrial design), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years work experience as a UX Designer.
- Demonstrated experience in the 5 core disciplines of User Experience: Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Usability Engineering and Prototyping.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and/or working with Design Systems.
- Proven ability to understand and work within a User Centered Design process.
- Proven ability to lead design teams while collaborating with other disciplines.
- Strong and clear understanding of design thinking techniques, or similar design philosophy
- Demonstrated experience with common tools of the trade such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite etc. or equivalent.
- Experience in designing, building and shipping software applications.
- Ability to think on a conceptual level about product strategy and vision.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to the above)
- MA/MS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, product/industrial design), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years work experience as a UX Designer.
- Proven experience designing user experiences for data-driven applications that make robust use of data visualizations.
- Proven HTML/CSS skills.
- Ability to facilitate and lead interaction and visual design critiques.
Note: Please include URLs for an online portfolio (or some equivalent) along with a resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered. This position is full-time and either remote, or based in Seattle. At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.