Senior Instructional Designer
You: creative story teller, capable of teaching yourself a technical product, analyzing your learning audience and building content to teach them.
Us: Fun, fast-paced creative team of high performers dedicated to making our customers and Apptio successful.
What we want you to do:
Build educational content based on supplied requirements. Directly impact the value provided to customers through educational content that builds Apptio skills and advocacy for both Customer Success employees and customers. Managing multiple projects simultaneously. Directly impacts the value provided to customers and CS employees through education and the ultimate success of the long term relationship
- Design and develop educational content to meet audience needs including but not limited to:
- Instructor-led courses
- Self-paced courses
- Update existing content to incorporate product changes
- Develop content or course per documented process and using supplied templates
- Manage assigned content development projects from start to finish
- Release and evaluate content per documented process
- Develop business and technical skills in specified domains
- Write certification exam questions to required standards
- Gathers requirements and content from internal and external stakeholders
- Suggests additional courses to build a more rounded and robust catalog
- Identifies opportunities to enhance existing courses based on internal feedback and customer input
- Offers ideas and strategies on explaining complex concepts in simpler and more engaging ways (including new tools for development)
- Becomes a trusted partner on product teams. Collaborate with subject matter experts through relationship building across department line
- Pivots priorities as frequently as needed to meet department goals
- Owns courses and conducts regular maintenance and gap analysis to ensure materials are continuously improved
- 5+ years developing education content
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Experience developing in Camtasia
- Instructional design experience w/ a software or finance company
Apptio (NASDAQ: APTI) is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.