Senior Level Designer
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
As a Senior Level Designer, your primary focus will be designing levels using our in-game client for both single and multiplayer play. Core responsibilities will see you working closely with game designers, engineers and QA to create best in class level building tools. With this best in class toolset you will create a wide variety of engaging levels that will get our players and community excited. As part of the process, you will be planning new features and assets for the game to keep players engaged long after launch. Beyond core level building, you will help to develop best practices and tutorials for users of our level building tools. Working with external partners to assist them in creating in our game by both providing feedback and direction on what and how to build riveting levels. As part of a smaller design team of a startup, there is plenty of scope to provide feedback and develop features across all aspects of the game.
- 5+ years of experience building and delivering 3D levels for mobile, console, or PC
- Fluency in best practices for game design, user-centered design process
- Strong knowledge of game experience and level design principles, able to detail deconstruct the relationship between the two
- Strong methodology and problem-solving ability, with a focus on creative and fun gameplay
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, QA testers, and other developers
- Strong example work / portfolio of your level design work, along with descriptions of your contributions to those levels. Applications without any example work / links will not be considered.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Experience in Unity / Unreal and contemporary game engines on PC / Console
- At least 2 published game titles through the complete development cycle (including post launch)
- Proven experience in a professional game production pipeline
- Experience in designing gameplay for a wide age range of players across multiple genres
- Experience working in a distributed development environment
- Experience in designing compelling single player and large scale multiplayer levels and designs
Read Full Job Description