Senior Product Designer - Real-Time Mobile Communications at Axon
- Lead product design for mobile public safety communications. You'll own the full design process, from initial research and discovery through concepting, detailed design, testing and working with Engineering on implementation.
- Partner closely with Product Management leadership on initial product definition and ongoing product evolution and execution.
- Turn complex interactions involving a diverse set of users, a complex physical environment, social interactions, regional differences, and an ecosystem of hardware devices and software applications, into simple experience solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and UX Researchers to initiate, execute, and extract insights using a variety of research methods: observational, interviews, participatory, usability testing, competitive analysis, etc.
- Collaborate with other design leads across product teams to ensure great user experiences across all of our products.
- Participate in hiring across the larger product design and product management & engineering organizations keeping a high bar.
- Contribute to defining global design mobile patterns, vision, and processes for Axon products.
- Contribute to defining the general product design vision and process at Axon.
- Be an ambassador and champion for the design culture at Axon.
- Present products and feature ideas and execution up to executive level.
- 6+ years of product design experience with at least 2 years of leading major product design initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI or related field. A master's degree is considered a plus.
- At least 2 years experience researching, designing and shipping complete mobile applications for iOS and Android with a moderate to high level of complexity (enterprise workflows or complex consumer purchasing / content creation flows rather than simple consumer flows).
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design processes and methodology to product definition, design, and development. You have experience with every stage of the design process, including: research, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing.
- You enjoy collaborating on early product definition as much as you enjoy working with the larger product and engineering teams on implementation.
- Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- A broad skillset with deep specialization in at least one area (IA, UX, visual, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain your ideas and decisions in a way that anyone can understand.
- Highly knowledgeable of the latest design tools and proficient at quickly learning new ones. We currently use Sketch, Abstract and Invision, but are always evaluating new tools.
- Able to function both independently and in a collaborative team environment. Comfortable in both leader and follower roles.
- Experience with geospatial product design such as location tracking and map design is considered a big plus.
- Experience with designing instant messaging, chat, or push-to-talk solutions is is considered a plus.
- A great portfolio available for review.
Compensation and Benefits
- Award-winning office and working environment with the newest technology.
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
- Discretionary PTO.
- Fun team activities and outings.
- Flexible working hours.
- Options for training in the US.
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement.