Senior Product Designer - Seller Platform and Tools (Miami or Bellevue)) at OfferUp
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
The OfferUp UX team is looking for a highly experienced Senior Product Designer to bring your critical thinking, pragmatic approach, and strong collaboration skills to a critical strategic investment for the company. You will own the design of the end to end experience for businesses to sell and advertise on OfferUp and the internal tools our sales force and customer support team use to onboard and serve them. In this role you will ensure sellers on our platform have the tools they need to operate efficiently and effectively. This opportunity will give you a chance to have a significant business impact on one of OfferUp’s most important strategic investments.
Who we're looking for:
- You are a seasoned product designer with a proven track record of shipping successful products.
- You are able to take complex requirements, customer needs, and business goals and create elegant, simple design solutions that are scalable and easy to use.
- You have a strong grounding in user-centered design and leverage research insights to explore and iterate on solutions and then validate your designs with customers. You think holistically through the customer journey from marketing and branding to retention and engagement.
- You collaborate and communicate extremely well with team members across multiple disciplines to understand and align on opportunities, problems to solve, and principles guiding decisions.
- You are well-versed in using design systems and understand the importance to customers of consistent, repeatable, interaction patterns.
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing. You are able to articulate your design choices, communicate trade-offs, and explain alternatives.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative team environment where together we obsess over our customers, elevate our craft, and raise the bar on our experience.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Lead and execute design through all phases of the product development process - from research and insights, design explorations and iteration, to final design handoff to engineering.
- Work with project managers and engineering to define the schedule of design phases, deliverables, reviews, and milestones.
- Work with other designers on the UX team to evolve, improve, and maintain our design system to meet the needs of our customers.
- Participate in UX team crit sessions, sharing work in progress and providing feedback to other team members.
- Communicate, document, and present design direction to senior leadership, team members, and key stakeholders.
- After launching new products and features, collaborate with product managers, UX researchers, and analysts to track KPIs, identify customer issues, and rapidly iterate on solutions.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 6+ years of product design experience with at least 2 years of leading major product design initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI or related field.
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design processes and methodology to product definition, design, and development. You have experience with every stage of the design process, including: research, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing.
- Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to tailor presentations and reviews to different audiences (working team, department heads, executive team)
- Highly fluent in the latest design tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Figma, and proficient at quickly learning new ones.
Helpful, but not required:
- 2+ years experience working on advertising, e-commerce, or business productivity tools.
- 2+ years working specifically on web based solutions including responsive design.
- Deeper specialization in at least one area (IA, Interaction, Visual, Design systems, etc).
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.