Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
As a Senior Product Designer for the Shipper team, you'll be creating the vision for our demand platform. This means designing data-driven solutions that can be used by both our customers and Convoy's operations team to effectively optimize the procurement and execution of shipments. This is a high-impact innovation area for Convoy, with the majority of our revenue driven by this product group. You'll own end-to-end design process for your team, including everything from user research to refined design deliverables. You'll be expected to deeply understand the problem space by getting to know your customers, and translate that understanding into effective solutions.
- Drive design cycles for your product team, from discovery and definition to creation and results
- Partner with team members and stakeholders to uncover new insights that evolve into world-class customer experiences
- Collaborate with designers, developers, PMs and data scientists across the organization
- Proactively create and evolve our product design language and customer-facing UX
- Maintain high quality design deliverables while innovating with intention
- Evolve and improving our design team by bringing your knowledge and authentic self to every interaction
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 6-8 years of experience as a Product Designer or UX Designer
- Expertise with tools within the UI and prototyping space including Figma, Sketch, InVision, Dovetail, Miro, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of UX research methodologies with an ability to facilitate sessions, connect with customers, and synthesize results
- Experience with cross-platform design systems, information architecture, and Material and iOS design languages
- Experience with Enterprise systems that help improve customer service
- Experience getting new products from 0 to 1 in an ambiguous space
Nice to have:
- Experience with Fin Tech, Data+Analytics, or products that aid in financial transactions
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!