Senior UX Designer
At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to improve how they work. As a member of the User Experience team, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of work, making our category leading work management platform elegant, usable, and useful. The Product/UX Designer applies principles of design thinking to conceptualize engaging, valuable and delightful user experiences. You will design intuitive user interfaces for our web and mobile apps. You will represent the end user and evangelize user-centered methodologies across the product team to ensure a design that truly meets people’s needs from first-time users to seasoned experts.
This role will report to the Principal UX Designer and will be located in our Bellevue, WA Headquarters.
- Gain a deep understanding of user needs and goals and communicate them to cross-functional product teams.
- Collaborate with the product team to envision new capabilities, launch features, and evolve existing functionality, informed by an understanding of user needs, business objectives and technical constraints.
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes, microinteractions, refined designs, and development-ready assets.
- Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user and team feedback.
- Craft visually refined and highly functional interfaces that users experience as intuitive and delightful.
- Partner in an agile development process to provide specifications and guidance for implementation of the user interface.
- Be a champion for implementation excellence, working closely with engineers, testers, and product owners to achieve a high quality user experience.
- 7+ years experience with a track record of designing exceptional experiences for complex, data-driven web and mobile applications.
- Passion for the field of User Experience. Self-motivated and enthusiastic, yet seeks seeks guidance and input to elevate their craft.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Demonstrated ability to create simple, innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Strong visual and information design skills.
- Experience with microinteractions and use of motion in UX.
- Expert in Sketch, Axure, Principal or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Product Management and Engineering.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for users.
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or related) or equivalent experience desired.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.