Senior UX / Product Designer, Marketing Platform
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As a Sr UX Product Designer at Remitly you own and drive the product design strategy and experience for our customers. We set our bar high, and aim to design customer experiences that delight our customers worldwide - and we’re in a position to make a big impact.
You have mastered and practice a ‘design thinking’, customer-centered, lean product design process; you have demonstrated great interaction design skills, good visual design skills, as well as the ability to conduct appropriate customer research to inform and validate your strategy and solutions. You are one of Remitly’s customer experience champions!
What You’re Looking For
- You want to make a difference and have a high-impact through design oriented thinking to create great experiences for customers.
- You want to tackle the complex challenge of designing a consistent, easy-to-use, and delightful product experience across all platforms for multiple demographics.
- You have an intuitive sense for what will work and what won’t, and you’re eager to test and seek out answers. You love to leverage data (qual and quant) to inform your strategy and solutions.
- You’re not afraid to raise your hand when you see something wrong and it pains you to see sloppily done work.
- You have a passion for staying on the cusp of what’s next in design and technology—embracing it and sharing it with everyone around you.
UX Product Design
- Work closely with your product team to create solutions that address distinct user needs and business goals through research, workshops, design sprints, sketching, wireframes, motion studies, low and high fidelity prototypes, high-quality visual mock-ups , etc.
- Create scalable design systems and patterns for our responsive web and native app customer journeys
- Create thoughtful strategies and presentations to communicate crisp concepts to stakeholders
- Work with engineers to ensure designs are leveraging technical possibilities, and then coded to spec
- Give and solicit open and honest feedback in order to continually raise the bar
- Evangelize and rationalize designs to cross-functional teams
- Help define and evolve Remitly’s design language to increase the efficiency and quality of the design process
User Research & Testing
- Understand your customers and the business needs by synthesizing existing data, metrics, and user research to inform your strategy.
- Use remote testing platforms to conduct moderated and unmoderated user tests, to understand the usability of your proposed solutions before finalizing.
- Partner with UX Researchers to gather deeper insights,answer complex questions, and inform your strategy.
- Use design tools to create visual mockups and concepts to help build products that are easy for customers to navigate and become more familiar with our products.
- Collaborate with our other designers to ensure a consistent visual patterns and user-experience.
- 7+ years of experience designing web & mobile applications, with a strong portfolio of UX Driven Product Design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in: UX Design, Interactive Design, Industrial Design, HCI or related fields or experience
- Strong UX practice including Discovery, Strategy, Conception/Ideation, Validation and Iteration
- Ability to conduct and analyze customer research to identify gaps and opportunities
- Basic working knowledge of CSS/HTML
- Ability to prototype designs using prototyping tools like Invision, Framer or code
- Proficiency in designing and leading light research activities to guide design strategies, solutions, and to validate your solutions
- Highly competent demonstrated examples using a lean user-centered design process
- Ability to distill broad ideas into crisp concepts
- Expertise in the distinct platform differences between Desktop, mobile web, iOS and Android
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Who We Are
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.