Senior UX Researcher
Who we are
Smartsheet reinvents how businesses manage work, making it accessible, streamlined, and collaborative. The company grows fast, the product has a huge potential, and the culture makes us feel we work with our best friends, not just colleagues.
What we do
Our UX Research team is nimble, pragmatic and ambitious. We do user research to support Smartsheet product, messaging, and strategic growth. Our goal is to connect knowledge about Smartsheet customers across business units, and drive customer-focused innovation within Smartsheet.
Who you are
Unmistakably, you are:
- A truth seeker who offers accurate, meaningful and timely insights;
- A go-getter who finds elegant solutions to complex problems;
- A persuader who explains complex things with simplicity and clarity;
- A partner who admits mistakes, learns from feedback, and offers help to others;
You have done end-to-end research to support the product lifecycle.
- You have conducted audience analysis and created relevant artifacts to explain target users;
- You have tested product concepts in various forms, from paper prototypes to production code;
- You have conducted studies to understand first experience as well as product adoption over time.
You have shipped multiple products and know how the sausage is made.
- You know how to frame research problems and help a product team to ask the right questions;
- You can deliver meaningful insights in any timeframe you have;
- You have a proven track of record in successfully influencing your product team and executives alike;
- You have rolled your sleeves up, dealt with technical issues, and never said “it’s beyond my expertise”.
- You know your engineers and their issues as much as you know your customers and their needs.
You have used many research methods, but quantitative research is your true strength.
- You have conducted user interviews, surveys, usability tests, field studies, and more;
- You know how to choose the best method for the job, given a variety of parameters;
- You are particularly strong at quantitative research and survey design;
- You know how to combine findings across different sources into a single coherent set of insights;
What you will do
You will support two or more product pillars through:
- Researching user needs and translating them into meaningful product capabilities;
- Working with Design, Product Management, and Engineers to build these capabilities, and with Product Marketing to explain their benefits to customers;
- Partnering with Customer Success to make sure customers love what they get from us;
- Present research insights to your team and bringing the entire company together to help share everyone’s insights about customers.
You will lead the team in building a robust research foundation for Smartsheet, such as:
- Creating a common, company-wide library of research questions, metrics, and templates;
- Mentoring teams across Smartsheet on designing meaningful surveys, drawing concise and pointed conclusions, and synthesizing results across multiple studies and formats;
- Optimizing the research process to get higher quality results, faster.
If this is you and you are legally authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship, apply.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.