Senior Visual Designer
Intentional Futures is a modern consultancy that works with visionaries and realists to bring the future a little closer. We are a tight-knit team of curious, creative, analytical people committed to revealing insightful truths, bringing clarity to the complex, and developing novel ways to tackle tough problems.
We are looking for a Visual Designer with a solid aesthetic, great collaboration skills, and attention to detail. A successful Visual Designer aids in the conceptualization and production of design deliverables across a wide variety of projects. The majority of these projects are communication design oriented, but we’re also looking for visual designers with experience working within UX programs alongside interaction designers and developers. This position is on site in our Seattle office and reports to the Creative Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with strategists to conceptualize and define novel and graphically rich collateral solutions for our clients.
- Art direct and design client-facing deliverables including (but not limited to):
- Communication design documents and assets (printed pieces, presentations, digital prototypes)
- Infographics and data visualizations
- Interactive workshop materials
- Illustrations and iconography
- Visual design assets for UX projects (visual UX systems and guidelines)
- Lead the planning and structuring of those deliverables
- Create visual design systems and be able to articulate how they align with brand/program principles and themes.
- Participate in facilitated workshops with clients
- Work closely with other members of the design team to manage and maintain existing visual design assets
- Play an instrumental role in growing iF’s design capabilities by developing new skills and participating in internal project challenges.
Qualifications and Skills
- 4-8 years of experience as a visual designer
- Ability to mentor other designers (both in craft and in direction of design assets)
- Ability to be a design lead within project teams, sometimes directing Jr. designers
- Comfortable participating in client presentations and communications
- Strong command of creating compelling visual systems with an emphasis on typography and layout
- Fluent in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, PowerPoint and Word, Keynote
- Familiar with UX platforms and tools (Figma, Sketch, front-end web/app design))
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management and organizational skills
All candidates will be asked to present a design portfolio showcasing work with an emphasis on detailed execution.
Intentional Futures supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
IF offers a benefits package that includes domestic partner benefits, parental and adoption leave. Please note that this is a Seattle-based position and we are unable to offer relocation packages.
If you enjoy the endless pursuit of the unknown, apply today.