Amazon’s Device Design Group has launched revolutionary products like Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablet, Alexa Communications, and more. Are you interested in joining the team to lead Amazon’s next innovation?
Our design studio is looking for an exceptional UX Designer to join our growing team and craft elegant, customer-focused experiences. You will collaborate with designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers – working on projects throughout the planning, design, and development lifecycle. As a tastemaker and storyteller, you will advocate for design excellence – contributing to product vision, and collaborate with a team that defines and designs user interfaces, systems, and the interaction, visual, and motion design patterns for Fire Tablets.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a keen eye for elegant, modern design, and UI patterns. You think holistically, and craft the "why" of all that we ship – advocating for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and customer goals. You are at ease both visualizing an experience in the abstract and then driving that vision into concise design deliverables. You can drive the creative review cycle, craft delightful design solutions, and elevate the experience of millions of Tablet customers around the world.
Learn more about working as a designer at Amazon, visit https://amazon.design/ and our Dribbble team at https://dribbble.com/AmazonDesign.
· Use business requirements, customer and market research, customer feedback, and device metrics to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level feature requirements
· Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
· Work with project managers to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design
· Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences
· Write effectively to communicate design rationales and benefits to Amazon customers
· 6+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Experience using best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Experience in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
· 8+ years of experience as an interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
· Experience designing for multiple platforms such as mobile, TV, multimodal, and web
· An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates experience creating innovative user-centered design solutions
· Ability to navigate ambiguity to drive the design cycle and multitask in an fast-paced environment
· Ability to drive the partner review cycle and close on design requirements independently
· Experience working in design consulting where communication, storytelling, presentation, and interpersonal skills are core proficiencies
· Proficiency in presenting design work to product management, engineering, and executives for review and feedback
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.