Technical Lead, UI
Today, there is a chronic and pervasive customer data problem -- one that’s preventing some of the world’s most loved brands from understanding and engaging their customers through meaningful and captivating customer experiences. Amperity has invented a way to solve this problem with the horsepower of a distributed data infrastructure and the intelligence of best-in-class machine learning algorithms and techniques. Amperity frees, connects, and makes customer data usable so brands can create extraordinary customer experiences at scale. This approach unleashes the creative potential of Amperity users, allowing them to excel at what they do and bring their best ideas to life.
Amperity is an early stage technology company, venture-backed by the early investors of Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, Concur, FlipKart and many more. Our team of successful, repeat entrepreneurs is focused on building a company composed of top-tier talent and a suite of disruptive products that drive tremendous value for our customers and the consumers they serve.
- Building a simple UI on top of a very complex system. We need to turn an airplane cockpit into an automatic-drive luxury car, with air-conditioning.
- Finding new ways to solve problems in large-scale data presentation and visualization.
- Synthesizing a unifying front end for a very diverse set of user goals. Just to start: Visually explaining the subtlety of a machine-learning pipeline to a non-technical user.
- Creating and utilizing highly functional backend code and applying it to front end development.
- Taking the opportunity to work with technologies from CSS all the way to Spark.
- You value learning, teaching, and growth. This shows in your mentorship of the engineers around you and the kind of work you publish to the world.
- You act as a product owner, from channeling the voice of the user to understanding the stack all the way to the very bottom.
- You serve as the central voice of clarity among PMs, designers, engineers, and customers.
- You have worked with a few front-end frameworks and have well-earned opinions about them.
- You have interest in functional programming and one-way data-flow frameworks such as React/Redux, Elm, or re-frame.
- You attend to the small details both visually and in code, and level up the larger team in this skill, whether they are UI engineers or not.
- Strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies
- You are open minded, flexible, inclusive, and motivated to make good decisions. You are oriented toward shipping quality software at a quick but responsible pace.
Technologies We Use
- Open Source tools such as Accumulo, Spark, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.