UX Designer, Data Technologies & Strategies at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Working on PitchBook's Data Technologies and Strategies team, you will craft the tools that collect, analyze and present the very heart of Pitchbook, our data. You will make work easier and lives better for analysts, editors and researchers at PitchBook as well as support decision making for multi million-dollar deals across the global economy. The complex, data-dense challenges our users are tackling need streamlining into meaningful workflows by a competent, emphatic thinker.
Pitchbook's designers are a supportive, collaborative group that create powerful tools with our machine-learning engineers and product manager teammates. We value our users and our colleagues. Our methodology is to research, design, test, redesign and test again.
- Design useful, usable experiences
- Understand industry expectations and discover user needs, behaviors and motivations
- Explore various approaches and settle on final designs which fulfill user and business requirements
- Build consensus through low-fidelity sketches, wire-frames, prototypes and high-fidelity designs
- Transform convoluted workflows into simple flows and elegant solutions
- Contribute to strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive team
- Give and solicit feedback to designers in order to continuously raise our bar for quality
- Facilitate user research, conduct interviews and workshops
- Partner with product managers, engineers and executive stakeholders to oversee the user experience of a feature from concept to launch
- Apply systems thinking to enhance existing features and design for scalability
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years as a UX Designer or similar role
- A design portfolio demonstrating depth & breadth
- Knowledge of contemporary design practices for desktop, tablet & phone
- Experience working through design projects from discovery to development
- Ability to articulate design decisions and how they add value to the product, for people outside the discipline or subject matter
- Strong knowledge of fundamentals of typography, composition and color
- Humility, enthusiasm and a curious mind
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.