UX Designer, Public Data at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
As a UX designer at PitchBook, you will work to enhance our industry-leading platform that uses AI and machine learning to push the frontiers of what is possible with financial market data. The first employee at PitchBook was a UX designer- it's part of our DNA.
Come be part of a team that supports and challenges each other to make better products every day. At PitchBook, UX Designers, are involved in all aspects of the product life cycle: from brainstorming the next great innovation to finessing design and working with the development teams through launch, we do it all. Designers use their full range of user research, product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to be true advocates for our users.
As a designer on the Equities Platform, you will use your Design Thinking skills to create the experiences needed by clients to support their investment decision-making process. You will make it easy for our customers to develop a strong understanding of the market landscape, relevant trends, and allow them to make confident investment decisions
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Turn business problems into features that make an impact
- Transform convoluted workflows into simple flows and elegant solutions
- Contribute to strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive team
- Give and solicit feedback to designers in order to continuously raise our bar for quality
- Partner with product managers, engineers and executive stakeholders to oversee the user experience of a feature from concept to launch
- Apply systems thinking to enhance existing features and design for scalability
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years as a UX Designer or similar role
- Experience working on SAAS platforms
- Demonstrated ability to make complex data understandable to end-users
- Strong knowledge of modern design best practices
- Passion for user research and usability
- Understanding of how visual design and interaction design work together to create great user experiences
- Ability to balance multiple projects, organize priorities and communicate across departments
- A passion for using qualitative and quantitative data as design tools
- Strong user experience and visual design portfolio
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Collaborative by nature
- Easygoing, driven, and passionate
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer. #LI-JH1