UX / Visual Designer
We’re looking for a talented UX/Visual Designer to bring their energy, passion, ideas, and detailed design sensibilities to both product design and marketing design at 10,000ft.
As an integral part of our product team, you’ll get to work directly with design, research, engineering, marketing, and business to help generate innovative ideas, develop visual concepts, and support the development of valuable new product features and engaging marketing materials.
This role is perfect for someone who's excited to learn and grow in a fast-paced, collaborative, and creative environment while keeping an eye on the details in order to make things more simple, beautiful, and easy to use.
- Working closely with the design director and user researcher to help brainstorm and design innovative new solutions
- Conceptualizing, designing, and rendering design concepts and user experience flows based on provided feature definitions. Deliverables include wireframes, mockups, storyboards, click-through design prototypes and/or HTML prototypes.
- Developing, refining, and producing visual design materials to support the release of new product features. Deliverables include mood boards, visual concepts, color & dimension specifications/redlines, and asset production (iconography, etc.).
- Sharing work in progress with team members to gather and synthesize feedback
- Working with the marketing team to develop visual concepts and assets for web, print, and email communications
Skills + Requirements
- 1-3 years of experience designing for a variety of mediums - software / application, brand and marketing design are highly desirable
- BA / BS degree in applicable field is preferred (Graphic Design, Communication Design, UX Design, Industrial Design, HCI, etc.)
- Exceptional visual and user interface or graphic design skills, as well as user-centered design principles
- Proficiency with core design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, InDesign), Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details
- Ability to work with others to understand and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable design solutions
- Ability to work through ambiguity and critical feedback and stay highly focused and organized to drive towards clear solutions
- Eagerness to learn and take on new tasks and responsibilities as skills develop
- Prior experience in applying design to websites or web-based applications or prototypes (using HTML/CSS/JS) is a bonus
10,000ft is a growing team of software makers in the Pioneer Square neighborhood of Seattle. We’re passionate about helping shape the future of work by designing tools for creative thinkers.
As a team, we believe in setting shared high-level business goals and then doing our best work to get there. We value collaboration and brainstorming and we try to give our people the tools they need to creatively solve problems. We care about loving what we do and living fulfilling lives. We provide a flexible and supportive work environment, four weeks of paid vacation, full family medical and dental insurance, an annual wellness benefit, charitable donation matching, and a 401k retirement plan. We’re proud to be part of the Pledge Parental Leave community and we’re committed to making 10,000ft the best place to work.
Use the link below to submit your resume and let us know why this role interests you and why you'd be a great fit.