The Outreach product philosophy is to focus on what makes our end users, sales professionals, wildly successful. Outreach is seeking an experienced design leader to help scale our product design and user research practices to deliver useful and elegant workflow, automation and analytics solutions to Outreach users.
This is a role for a builder who is excited by the opportunity to set design vision, grow a team, implement product design best practices and take delight in the success of our customers.
Outreach Dribble: https://dribbble.com/outreach
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Own the user experience and information architecture vision & strategy for Outreach products
- Provide guidance, creative direction, and career mentorship to the product design team
- Ensure appropriate and actionable User Research is being conducted across all phases of the product development cycle
- Recruit, build, lead, grow, and retain a diverse and inclusive team of product designers, user researchers and leaders
- Build out practices, rituals and culture within Product Design in context of broader product development teams.
- Champion ongoing improvements by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Own the end-to-end product design processes of the team, and how they integrate with other parts of the organization – including PM/engineering, but also our customer-facing teams.
- Build long term strategies around mobile design/experience
- Infuse the business’ culture with design thinking. Champion new, creative exercises and processes to help employees in any department have a deeper understanding of our users, and how we can positively impact them.
- Work in a fast-paced high growth company whose customers genuinely love the product.
- 8+ years of experience leading multidisciplinary design teams at user-focused technology, media, or enterprise companies
- Demonstrable success in creating, launching, scaling, and maintaining digital products.
- A passion for design and design tools.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual/presentational skills. Ability to speak the language of business and design simultaneously, while being able to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences.
- A proven track record of hiring diverse teams, developing talent, and leading with positivity and inspiration.
- An understanding of when and why to apply quantitative and qualitative user research to ensure the best product and design decisions are being made.
- Experience building design strategy for mobile
- Ability to do work in an environment where product design is empowered by senior leadership to make a difference in a fast-paced high growth company whose customers genuinely love the product.
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Read Full Job Description