MedBridge was recently awarded in Seattle Magazine's 2018 Leaders in Health Care Awards and the 2017 Tech Impact Awards. We were also named one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. and the #7 fastest growing in Seattle by Inc. 500!
We are looking for a passionate Android Engineer to join our growing team. In this role you will be responsible for owning both of MedBridge’s Android applications.
We believe education is the most effective way to improve patient outcomes. At MedBridge, you will help build the platform that improves millions of patients’ lives. To accomplish our goals we’re a highly collaborative team and like to ship features fast.
The MedBridge development team is dedicated to beautiful, usable, and valuable applications. The right candidate is excited by tough problems and is passionate about using the latest technologies to solve customers' needs. This is an excellent opportunity for an Android Engineer who wants to have a large impact on a small team.
As an Android Engineer you will:
- Collaborate closely with our product managers, designers, and engineers to develop MedBridge's two apps on the Android platform
- Have the opportunity to drive the design of backend services and interact with product management directly to impact the overall platform direction
- Use expert knowledge of the Android platform to help guide design and engineering decisions
- Improve the stability and performance of the Android app by profiling and monitoring application performance
Android Engineer Requirements:
- 2+ years of Android application development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the software development field
- Experience working with Java
- Experience with developing, releasing, and maintaining an Android app
- Ability to translate designs into Android UI
- A sense of ownership for your tasks; you see features through from start to finish
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- We’re passionate about building products that improve the quality of life for patients - providing clinicians with the highest quality educational content and tools, on an innovative learning platform
- We believe collaboration is crucial to speedy execution and value in-person interactions across roles
- We move fast and are scrappy, ruthlessly prioritizing to test and deliver new products, features and services for our customers
- We’re customer-focused, recognizing that our success and continued growth are driven by products that customers love and actually pay us for
- We enjoy each other’s company - whether at work or company sponsored events, we have fun
- We value our employees, offering 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401(k) program with 50% company matching, up to 2%
- We believe in continued personal growth, offering 2 paid days and an allowance for the professional development of your choice
Our mission is to improve the lives of patients and medical providers, while raising the quality of healthcare globally by creating the most impactful educational content and innovative learning platform.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.