Backend Engineer- Seattle
Founded in October 2015, with headquarters in Seattle, WA, FlyHomes is a real estate and fintech company focused on making home buying seamless, transparent, and fun. Since then, FlyHomes has continued to rapidly scale its team, focusing on helping buyers across Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and new emerging marketplaces to purchase more than $300M in homes annually.
About the job:
Do you have technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand and evolve our digital products? As a Backend Engineer, you will work closely with our tech team to formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and improve the user experience.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Gather and analyze data and current processes, and identify areas of improvement
- Build a strong foundation for our shared infrastructure
- Deliver backend processes and services quickly, with ability to scale
- Develop, document, and enforce our technical standards
- Design architecture that reaches across multiple parts of the organization.
- Make a difference in the way people buy real estate.
- Be on the front lines of changing an industry!
- 6-10 years professional experience in software development
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code on the backend.
- Knowledge in any backend server language, and expertise in relational databases and schema design.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience designing system architectures
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- 401(k) Plus company-match
- Medical/dental/vision/Life insurance packages to fit your needs (Full time employees)
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time off when you need it
FlyHomes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
FlyHomes, Inc. also participates in E-Verify. Upon hire, FlyHomes, Inc. will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S