Skilljar is seeking a versatile DevOps Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be a generalist with experience in system administration, network operations, software development, build and release engineering, etc. As a key member of our team, this engineer will play a central role in evolving our build and deploy process towards continuous delivery as well as increase dev velocity and ensure stable and secure production systems. A small organization mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to collaborate while acting as a thought leader in your area of expertise.
You must be very comfortable wearing multiple hats in a highly ambiguous environment, building and iterating on processes on the fly, and working closely with cross-functional teams. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and focused individual to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly accelerating startup that has already delighted dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients.
- Building, configuring and testing software products in an agile development environment.
- Support and implement best-practice DevOps solutions for Skilljar’s web application and infrastructure including: CI/CD pipelineApplication infrastructure; Logging, monitoring and alarming; Operational metrics collection, analysis and review.
- Linux systems administration.
- Keep abreast of current and new technologies and tools related to your field.
- Work with the software team to provide stable, automated infrastructure.
- Analyze and optimize systems as well as automate manual tasks.
- Ability to research options beyond what you have experience with in order to solve a problem.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a DevOps or similar role; specifically on AWS.
- Experience deploying and managing Heroku applications in a production environment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery: hands-on experience with Jenkins required, familiarity with other CI systems (Travis CI, Shippable, etc..) a plus.
- Logging - AWS Cloudwatch, Experience with Python, Ruby, Bash, or similar scripting languages required.
- Monitoring and Alarming - Familiarity supporting and integrating log management tools, application monitoring services and alarming services such as Cloudwatch, Log Entries, New Relic, VictorOps and PagerDuty.
- Application Development - Some experience coding (preferably Python) and hosting and supporting Django applications in a production environment.
- Scripting (bash) and familiarity with Linux account and system administration
- Experience with Configuration management systems such as Chef or Ansible.
- Knowledgeable on DevOps best practices.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable in a small, unstructured environment with ambiguous and rapidly changing requirements and designs.
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Skilljar's mission is to empower Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage and retain customers. Leading global enterprise organizations such as Cisco and Verizon rely on Skilljar to accelerate customer onboarding and time-to-value. Backed by some of the world's most prominent financial institutions including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the customer training platform of choice for enterprises. We are a professional and experienced team with roots from Amazon, and a fun work environment just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle. This is an amazing opportunity to join a funded, early stage startup. Come join our team!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.