Director of Engineering- DEX at Remitly
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
As a Director of Engineering at Remitly, you are a builder and a leader, responsible for taking on complex technical and customer problems and leading a team to create great products backed by great systems. We use cutting edge languages, tools, and frameworks to build applications and services on top of a scalable cloud architecture. Our work environment is customer obsess, passionate and growing quickly. Our teams operate autonomously, at high velocity and with a strong set of cultural values that guide how we work together and what we focus on.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering who can lead our engineering efforts for the Destination Experience (DEX) team. The DEX team manages the core of Remitly's product; a platform for transferring funds quickly and reliably, ensuring our customers always have a great experience, from send to receive. The team ensures the movement of over $12 billion a year through disbursement methods such as bank deposit, cash pickup, mobile wallets, and home delivery and surfacing the value of this network with customer-facing product experiences. You will manage a distributed team of four squads with additional growth opportunities and report to the VP of Product.
What You'll Do:
- Working backwards from the customer, determine and accomplish a technical vision for your teams
- Lead your team to break down large projects into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, and solve customer problems
- Partner with Remitly's technical leaders to establish DEX engineering excellence
- Partner across departments to design and build consumer payments experiences customers love
- With Remitly's cultural values as your foundation, embody a culture of pride in product, engineering and operational excellence across your teams
- Manage and lead engineering, including mentoring, coaching and professional development
- Enthusiastically identify and resolve strategic issues to help the team and company meet customer, business, and technical goals
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years in engineering leadership roles
- Experience with product or program management for products or services, either as an individual contributor or leader
- Experience defining and improving technical designs and processes across teams
- Experience with QA processes and methodologies and how to apply them to ensure availability of high-volume transactional systems
- Experience with managing, and coaching engineers engineering leaders and product managers at all career levels
- Experience in scaling new businesses
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience communicating with technical and non technical team members across the company
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer