Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The Passbook team is a startup within Remitly, and we think combines the best parts of working in a startup with the best parts of working in a later stage technology company. Passbook is banking designed for immigrants. It's easy to open an account with documents immigrants already have, built for travel back home and abroad, has no monthly fees, and makes remittances faster and cheaper than ever. Our mission is to create the most loved and trusted banking partner to immigrants globally. And we're just getting started.
As Director of Engineering, you own engineering for the product. You are passionate about leading, innovating, and building. You distill complexity into simplicity for your team, peers, and leadership. You are customer obsessed and bring that to your leadership. You're passionate about unlocking maximum happiness and productivity across engineering teams and embrace working with people from diverse backgrounds or expertise. You'll report directly to the VP of Passbook.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with leaders across Passbook functions to think and build strategically
- Lead multiple engineering teams to achieve big results for our customers
- Make critical decisions about when and when not to platform, when to adopt new tools and languages
- Evolve our team to build multiple large strategic projects in parallel
- Grow and mentor the next generation of engineering leaders within the company
- Recruit top, diverse talent to join a rapidly growing team
- Establish engineering excellence for our team and reenforce our customer centered engineering culture
- A human who believes your co-workers are also humans, not APIs that complete tasks
- An engineering leader with 3+ years of experience managing managers and growing teams to 30+
- Someone with a record of hiring diverse talent and establishing an inclusive culture
- Someone who is passionate about building a team that moves quickly without compromising team happiness
- Someone with experience building consumer products; bonus points if it's in the financial services sector and/or at a startup
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer