Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering who can lead our engineering efforts and shape the future of our customer experience across both web, App, and the payments platform which processes all transactions originating from North America. You will report directly to the EVP of North America Business. You have a passion to innovate, and are comfortable exerting both direct authority and indirect influence across a matrix of platforms and programs that become the customer experience. You are experienced at partnering with business team members to determine technical solutions that create customer and business value.
- Lead engineering, product, and program management teams in an agile environment to deliver customer products and features to market
- Take complex projects and help your teams break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, and deliver them in a timely manner
- Direct the development and monitoring of metrics to assess system and infrastructure performance, scalability and availability
- With Remitly's cultural values as your foundation, embody a culture of pride in product, engineering and operational excellence across your teams
- Lead engineers including mentoring, coaching and professional development
- resolve strategic issues to help the team and company meet customer, business, and technical goals
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years in engineering leadership roles
- Experience defining and influencing technical designs and processes across teams
- Experience leading, and coaching engineers engineering leaders and product managers at all career levels
- Experience in a high-growth environment
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across the company
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer