Director of Software Engineering at VIZIO
Powerful entertainment experiences come from brilliant teams, and, at VIZIO, we work together to deliver the latest SmartTV and Sound Bar Technology across the world. We're made up of skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture.
The Sunday blues don't really exist for us because we're built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We're more focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don't focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we're most excited about).
Now we need a brilliant Senior Software Engineer to join us in Seattle and own the development of our features through the full-release lifecycle.
- Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions
- Designs and implements software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with the company's coding standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for testing code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
- Manages programming tasks and ensures they are worked on in priority order as determined by their manager.
- Keeps track of bugs in the code, and provides fixes in a timely manner.
- Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
- Puts comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
- Recommends changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stays up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Protects operations by keeping the information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of development experience, at least 2 years in a commercial environment for a consumer-facing product.
- Proficient with .NET and C#.
- Experience building solutions using AWS or equivalent technologies
- Experience with scalable distributed systems
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experience working with RDBMS
- Experience working with MongoDB or other NoSQL technologies
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts.
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and performance tune software code.
- Excellent communications skills; must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to adapt to the level and nature of their audience.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Understanding of software algorithms and the ability to determine the runtime complexity of algorithms.
- Experience with containers and orchestration
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.