Embedded Software Development Engineer in Test
Pivotal Commware is the inventor of Holographic Beam Forming® (HBF), a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics that enables its Software Defined Antennas to harness, shape and direct radio waves so mobile carriers can maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand. HBF offers order-of-magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in Cost, Size, Weight and Power consumption (C-SWaP) and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Developer in Test (SDET) who will be responsible for developing test automation in support of RF testing. The ideal candidate will automate the testing of firmware and embedded applications used in the control of holographic beamforming antennas. This position will work heavily with the RF Test team to design optimal testing tools and strategies and to ensure product quality. This position reports to the RF Development Test Manager.
As Embedded SDET at Pivotal Commware, you will:
● Collaborate with other functional groups (Software Engineering, Hardware Design, Mechanical Engineering) to plan, develop and implement diagnostic tool sets for RF measurement and analysis systems
● Plan and develop test instrument, device and system automation tools and scripts
● Perform integration, system and acceptance testing of test software systems
● Execute manual and automated test cases, log defects and track bugs
● Use and support continuous improvement practices for RF test software initiatives
Our ideal Embedded SDET will have:
● 2+ years of experience as a Software Developer in Test, Software QA Engineer or Automation Engineer
● Experience working with automated testing frameworks and development of automated test systems
● Experience implementing software QA methodologies, tools and processes
● Experience with measurement equipment such as Power Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generator, Vector Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Power meters
● Strong communications skills and ability to work seamlessly within a fast-paced engineering team
● A Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
● Familiarity with the following systems & tools highly preferred:
○ Jenkins, Travis or similar
○ Git, Bitbucket or Jira
○ Standard embedded communication protocols (SPI, UART, I2C, Bluetooth, etc.)
○ TCIP/IP networking and debugging tools (Wireshark, etc.)
Pivotal was named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019 and has attracted $40M in investment. At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
APPLY NOW or learn more about us and HBF at PivotalCommware.com
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Read Full Job Description