Embedded Software Test Manager at Pivotal Commware
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:24 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, December 10, 2019
Pivotal Commware is the inventor of Holographic Beam Forming® (HBF), a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics that enables its Software Defined Antennas to harness, shape and direct radio waves so mobile carriers can maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand. HBF offers order-of-magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in Cost, Size, Weight and Power consumption (C-SWaP) and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Test Manager who will be a hands-on, player/coach. The ideal candidate will lead the testing of firmware and embedded applications used in the control of holographic beamforming antennas. This position will work heavily with the RF Test team and reports to the Director of Product Engineering.
As Embedded Software Test Manager at Pivotal Commware, you will:
● Manage a small team and contribute to the development of end-to-end software and automation environment for testing firmware and embedded applications that consist of multiple layers of device interaction, from bare board hardware all the way up to interfacing with mobile user interfaces and cloud-based applications
● Interact with other functional groups (Software Engineering, Hardware Design, R&D) to establish test criteria, and to work towards incorporating design-for-test functionality in our products
● Support new product development by devising and refining test scenarios for use in engineering experiments
● Support the diagnosis of defects found in the manufacturing process
● Develop test plans and test cases and execute to those in support of prototypes as well as products in production
● Be self-directed and work with ambiguous incomplete requirements
Our ideal Embedded Software Test Manager will have:
● 3+ years of leadership experience as a Software Test Lead, Lead SDET, Software Test Manager or related title
● 8+ years of hands on experience in writing automation for embedded applications as an SDET, Embedded Software Development Engineer in Test, Software Test Engineer or related title
● Previous experience working in a small company/startup environment and building test infrastructure from the ground up
● Knowledge of test methods, appropriate levels of test, and test techniques
● Ability to read and analyze schematics to identify test points and test cases
● Ability to analyze technical specifications, and come up with solutions to complex technical problems, in a fast-paced environment where there are competing priorities
● Familiarity with standard embedded communication protocols (SPI, UART, I2C, etc) as well as physical interfaces such as Ethernet, USB, Bluetooth, WIFI
● Strong understanding of Agile environments, DevOps, Continuous Integration and product development lifecycle; familiarity with Git, BitBucket, Jira, and Confluence
● Experience with Linux both from a host perspective as well as embedded Linux
● Familiarity with C/C++ based applications
● Fluency in Python or other modern scripting language
● A Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree, MS preferred
● Experience with antennas, RF, or cellular base stations as well as TCP/IP networking and debugging tools (Wireshark, etc.) highly regarded
Pivotal was named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019 and has attracted $40M in investment. At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
APPLY NOW or learn more about us and HBF at PivotalCommware.com
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Read Full Job Description