Engineering Manager - Product Platform
Heptio is thinking about impact on a magnitude and time horizon that’s different from your typical start-up. That starts with our founders … two of the individuals that created Google Compute Engine, Kubernetes and the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. We understand how to build things that endure and we’ve started that at Heptio with a line-up of products, community projects and high-touch services that have an immediate impact.
Heptio is not your typical early-stage “work hard/play hard” startup. We value sustainable processes, flexibility, blameless retrospectives, and scrappy problem solving. Our growing team is made up of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds and interests who take both our careers and our personal lives seriously. Organizations are transforming their infrastructure management using Kubernetes and cloud native strategies. Heptio is developing products that make this journey easier, safer, and more enjoyable. We are focused on building product experience that guides our customers along their journey of cloud native infrastructure.
We are seeking an extraordinary Engineering Manager who will continue our mission to bring Kubernetes to enterprise developers and beyond. As the Engineering Manager, you will partner directly with large enterprise customers and incorporate their perspective into the development process. You’ll lead a diverse, distributed team of talented and passionate engineers and play a huge role in mentoring and helping to shape their professional development. You will be responsible for connecting development efforts with the strategic priorities of the company which includes focus on how your team is structured and the process you create to deliver products that help our customers handle infrastructure on open source Kubernetes. The products you and your team deliver will achieve an industry standard of reliability for sensitive operations in infrastructure management.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Leading product development teams to achieve strategic outcomes on time and on budget
- Define engineering work that improves system resiliency and reliability over time
- Improve development velocity while maintaining or improving quality
- Deliver software solutions to enterprise organizations
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE...
- You have established processes of accountability for continuous improvement within a team’s execution
- Experience leading and participating in design and code reviews with your team
- Background in developing and operating production applications for systems with moderate to significant request volume (>1000 requests per minute)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work collaboratively, both within your discipline and other stakeholders cross-functionally
- Experience creating an engaging and inclusive environment for your team
Heptio powers giant leaps in development productivity and resource efficiency. We provide the products, services and community projects that customers need to unlock the full potential of upstream Kubernetes. It’s all neatly packaged in the Heptio Kubernetes Subscription, the essentials needed to deploy, manage and support an open source Kubernetes distribution across multiple clouds.
Important: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We want to embody the change we need in our industry.
Read Full Job Description