Engineering Manager - Trust & Safety
- Using agile development methodologies to prioritize, estimate, and deliver projects with increasing efficiency
- Driving your team’s hiring and onboarding processes
- Mentoring and developing the engineers on your team, including setting their goals and delivering their reviews
- Working with product managers to build out and execute your team’s strategic vision and roadmap
- Working with tech leads to flesh out technical requirements and advocate for your team’s engineering investments
- Fostering your team’s engineering excellence and limiting their technical debt
- Coordinating projects with cross-team dependencies
- Communicating project status and issues to stakeholders
- Experience with large-scale consumer-facing websites and apps is required, and experience with two-sided marketplace businesses is a major plus
- Experience with Rover's technology stack (Python / Django, React, Docker, Elastic Search, AWS) or similar is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of experience managing individual contributors
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, STEM, or equivalent experience
- Your values align with Rover's Core Values
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline and automated testing. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operations, and employ thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're data-driven and believe in informing many of our decisions through experimentation.
- Our feature teams represent small autonomous business units with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year