Unity is the editor and ubiquitous engine that runs real-time content everywhere seamlessly and performant. We serve our users by making Unity the best way to get real-time content on any device or form factor. The mobile platforms team executes on this mission for our users wanting to take their content to mobile, doing the core engineering to enable the deployment of Unity content to iOS and Android. Today these are the most important platforms for millions of Unity creators’ success.
To help the teams to achieve this mission we are looking for an experienced engineering leader to help the mobile runtime team define the goals and drive execution with them. As a leader at Unity you are a great communicator, an active listener, and a builder of relationships. You apply and receive direct and honest feedback within those relationships and drive for alignment across the entire organization. Also….we support the creation of games.our culture is about having fun !
You empower, form and support a distributed, multicultural engineering team making sure they are always challenged and engaged, matching their abilities. You are able to construct clear growth path for individuals as well as the engineering group.
You structure and grow teams with clear missions and make sure they have the skills, abilities and tools to create our Mobile product and solve the challenges at hand. You help leaders and individual contributors in your team grow their abilities, influence and ownership.
- Accountable for the continuous development, delivery, release and engineering progression of Unity’s mobile runtime platform targets product.
- Accountable as engineering manager for our global mobile runtime engineering group.
- Responsible for driving, growing and supporting an empowered global engineering team (US & Europe) with clear missions, ownership and accountability.
- You report to and work closely with the Director of Development of Mobile and your peer leaders in the Mobile teams to make sure we have a consistent, reliable experience across mobile platforms.
- You are an advocate and thought leader for the mobile platforms within Unity. You make connections and ensure that across the board, mobile is a first class citizen.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of senior technical leadership experience.
- Ability to travel to remote teams frequently
- Native game development experience (e.g. Consoles/PC/Mobile)
- Broad knowledge of mobile platforms, devices and ecosystems.
- Collaborative skills and team focused attitude
- Software architecture and API design
- Strong skills working with low-level C++, C or Objective C code
- Native Android development experience (NDK, JNI, etc) and/or native iOS development experience
- Strong technical knowledge and experience working in the mobile space.
- Strategic partnership/business experience
- Experience working in a global, diverse and multicultural environment
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.