Front End Developer
Are you the go-to person on your team? Do the hard problems always seem to land on your desk because you’re the one most trusted to solve them? Come work for us and unleash your true potential.
As the world’s leading SaaS platform for managing and automating collaborative work, Smartsheet is the best way for businesses to plan, collect, handle, automate, and report on work, enabling them move from idea to impact fast. Over 100,000 customers, and millions of information workers, Smartsheet helps accelerate business execution, enhance collaboration and visibility, and empower individuals.
Smartsheet is looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join our marketing web team. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will collaborate with our UI/UX and visual designers to bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. This role will report to the Director of Digital Strategy and will be located in our Bellevue, WA headquarters.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
Skills And Qualifications:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Familiarity with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser/device compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience with PHP-based content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.