The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Staff Software Engineer - Front-End
Are you passionate about building delightful user experiences and interfaces? Do you enjoy collaborating with UX/UI design teams on best-in-class interaction models? Do you deeply care about web front-end architecture and best practices and have invested countless hours to learn and refine your skills in front-end technologies? If you answered "Yes" to all of these questions, we would love to hear from you!
As a Staff Front-end Software Engineer for Qualtrics, you will work with the user experience organization and product engineering teams across the entire company to drive the organization towards a common North Star vision for the front-end. You will work closely with business leaders and other architects to understand the needs of the business and the technical architecture of the whole system. You will research, prioritize, prototype, and drive the front-end architecture and engineering improvements that will contribute to the long term success of Qualtrics XM Platform™ used by the thousands of enterprises.
Expectations for Success
- Work with UX and UI designers to define the next generation presentation layer
- Drive high quality and consistent architecture across the UI surface built by hundreds of engineers across different project teams
- Envision and drive high quality front-end architecture
- Establish front-end development practices at Qualtrics
- Prototype and deliver key front-end components
- Contribute to the overall North Star architecture of the platform
- Research, and teach modern front-end technology stacks and best practices
- Mentor other engineers on their career direction, especially for those that aspire to be front-end experts
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of relevant, broad software engineering experience
- 5+ years minimum of web front-end development experience, preferably as a lead
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a staff-level software engineer
- Consistent track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality web products
- Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), Data Modeling, API design, Containerization, Networking, UNIX, and database or other storage and compute related projects
- Experience leading complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact
- Experience leading development of process and standard processes
- Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on complex technical issues
A Day in the Life
- You will work closely with the UX team to define the right interaction models for Qualtrics and contribute to the long term vision for the presentation layer.
- You will work with 10+ teams within engineering to understand their individual product development needs and create consensus around the right front-end architecture and development best practices, so that we drive towards consolidation and standardization of front-end technologies and tools.
- You will work in a team that directly reports to the CTO and have support and coaching from other senior architects on the same team to help you be successful at the mission of defining and driving a long term front-end architecture direction. You will also contribute to the overall company North Star architecture.