We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Graduate Software Development Engineer
Do you value having end-to-end ownership of your services? Would you like opportunities to explore and build new technologies such as ZooKeeper, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Redis? Teams oversee the deployment, operation, and monitoring of the services they own.
OpenMarket is currently seeking Java developers to design, build, configure, and test application software. Our service-oriented architecture consists of a growing number of web services that drive our mobile messaging platform. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
What to bring
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Core Java competence
- Knowledge of Linux
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
Nice to have
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Hibernate, JPA, Spring Data, or other ORM library
- Experience with Spring Framework or other dependency injection framework
- Experience with Maven and Git
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.