HD Mobile Graphics Engineer
Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, and features? Would you like to design and implement real-time rendering algorithms that can leverage the ever growing power of graphics hardware on current and future platforms? Are you excited to engage directly with development customers to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and iterate new systems to a polished sheen? Do you take pride in your ability to propose coherent solutions to complex problems involving multiple customer groups and tricky technology constraints? Would you like to work on daring visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
Imagine a team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by their creativity to fulfill their vision! That is the world we at Unity want to create. And we need your help to create it. By leveraging the latest research in real-time rendering, our Graphics team wants to empower developers and artists to create high-quality content with ease and intuitiveness without any repetitious drudgery.
As a High-End Mobile Graphics Engineer at Unity, you will help build future generations of graphics technology that will take the best advantage of mobile and untethered platforms. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building the most optimized, efficient and high-fidelity rendering pipelines and algorithms that empower millions Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences on mobile platforms. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Book of the Dead, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), as well as the Neon demo. Stay tuned for more amazing graphics coming in near future!
- Develop and maintain high-quality rendering systems for cross-platform state-of-the-art performant rendering on mobile platforms
- Research, innovate, and implement cutting edge real-time rendering techniques
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team and work closely with technical artists to create highly productive and effective art and content workflows
- Undertake performance profiling and optimization on multiple mobile platforms
- Build and maintain production-quality code for rendering and content creation workflows
- Invent, extend, and maintain graphics features, workflows, and tools
- Strong real-time computer graphics knowledge
- Experience with C/C++ and modern low-level graphics APIs (DirectX/Vulkan/Metal) on PC and mobile platforms
- Computer Science degree and/or a degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Strong C# and C++ knowledge, data-driven design, and architecture skills
- Experience with profiling and optimization, developing tools and workflows
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with multiple AAA or high-end mobile games as a graphics or tools programmer
- Deep knowledge of CPU and GPU, and memory architecture for high-end mobile and untethered platforms
- Strong familiarity with C++, data-driven design and architecture
- Cross-platform development experience
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders, graphics algorithms’ profiling and debugging
- Experience developing tools and workflows
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
- C#/Tool experience
- Disciplined and investigative disposition
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.