Skilljar is seeking a versatile Infrastructure Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be a member of our DevOps / Infrastructure group and contribute to cloud application hosting, CI/CD pipelines, observability tooling, and more. In order to continuously improve our systems and processes, this person will also propose and implement changes to make life better for engineers and our customers.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.Responsibilities:
- Build and support best in class solutions for Skilljar’s Heroku & AWS cloud infrastructure including: CI/CD pipelines; application hosting; data storage and management; logging, monitoring and alarming.
- Collect, analyze, and review operational metrics to understand system health.
- Support our engineering teams by improving efficiency through automation and tooling.
- Scale and optimize Skilljar’s infrastructure’s performance, maintainability, stability, reliability, and ease of use.
- Research and adapt new infrastructure/hosting technologies, tools, and standard methodologies.
- At least 3 years of experience working in one of the following (or similar) capacities: DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). Software Development Engineers with DevOps experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Coding and scripting experience in Python, Ruby, Bash, or similar languages.
- Experience deploying and managing web applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Heroku.
- Familiarity and experience with one or more of the following systems: CI/CD (Jenkins, Drone, CircleCI, or similar), Logging (ELK: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), and Observability tooling (New Relic, Datadog, or similar).
- Experience with production incidents: investigation, resolution, and root cause analysis.
- Familiarity with DevOps standard methodologies and Linux system/account administration.
- A collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.