Jr. Mobile QA Tester (6-month Temp) at Geocaching HQ
Job Description - Junior Mobile QA Tester
About Geocaching HQ
We are the global headquarters for the game of geocaching. Our apps and Geocaching.com website enable a community of millions of people to join in a real-world treasure hunt.
Our mission (and yours, should you choose to accept it) is to inspire and enable adventure, exploration, and community. Basically, everyone’s job here is to enable millions of people to have fun outside. How cool is that?
As a Mobile QA Tester at Geocaching, you ensure that quality assurance processes and best practices are in place, and are followed, with respect to all aspects of operations and projects. You will work with our awesome team of developers and designers to deliver high quality custom applications. You must be self- motivated, and able to balance the need for quality delivery now while improving tools and processes for the future.
What You’ll Do
- Work with QA Lead to contribute to team QA processes and apply them in an Agile work environment
- Perform day-to-day testing of new mobile app features and comprehensive regression test suites before releases
- Create test plans and processes for our established mobile apps as well as in-development mobile projects. Collaborate with team members to understand deliverables and requirements
- Participate in cross-team testing efforts for features that span our products
- Identify opportunities for improving our ability to identify bugs and optimizations early in the development process, communicating bug status to stakeholders
- Create and support documentation and planning for feature testing
- Effectively collaborate with team members to define clearly testable acceptance criteria
- Possess strong attention to detail to accomplish a wide variety of tasks as needed
Qualifications & Required Skills
- 1+ years experience in QA (1+ in Mobile QA ) or comparable background
- Strong testing and troubleshooting skills for both iOS and Android
- Experience crafting test plans and test cases based off business and functional requirements
- Experience testing API-driven apps strongly preferred
- Hands-on exposure with manual and automated test case execution
- Familiarity with Charles and Postman preferred
- Working knowledge of JIRA and other task tracking software preferred
- Experience testing native and React-native mobile apps preferred
- Familiarity with geocaching is always a plus!
- Leads by example and exemplifies our Company’s values in actions and behaviors
- Communicates clearly and effectively, displaying strong interpersonal skills
- Exhibits tact and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations
- Desire to learn and take on new concepts, systems, and technologies
- Self-directs and is proactive in testing. Attempts to root-cause and reproduce an issue before writing it up.
- Displays strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortably moves between formalized testing plans and ad-hoc testing
- Uses independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
As we navigate the situation around the current COVID-19 pandemic, Geocaching is first and foremost committed to the safety of all employees. We will continue to follow state and local guidance for the gradual re-opening of our offices. At this time, nearly all employees are working remotely. We’re anticipating that the Jr. Mobile QA Tester role will also be remote for the time being.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary for long periods of time. In this position you must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualification for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
Geocaching HQ embraces a diverse and inclusive workplace. Authenticity is one of our core company values and we strive to celebrate our differences. We encourage everyone to apply.