Job Description: Junior iOS Developer
About Geocaching HQ
We are the global headquarters for the game of geocaching. Our apps and the Geocaching.com website enable a global community of millions of people to join in a real-world treasure hunt.
Our mission (and yours, should you choose to accept it) is to inspire and enable adventure, exploration, and community. Basically, everyone’s job here is to enable people all over the world to have more fun outside. How cool is that?
We are seeking a junior iOS Developer to join the team that creates and maintains the suite of Geocaching apps for iOS phones. We are seeking a developer who can quickly join in, come up-to-speed on the project, create quality code, contribute to discussions, and help make the geocaching experience awesome.
What we’re looking for in a Junior iOS Developer
- Passion for Swift and the Apple software development frameworks
- Strong foundations in object-oriented programming skills and familiarity with computer science topics including data structures and algorithms
- Ability to keep up with rapidly changing platforms and awareness of the latest advances in iOS and related frameworks
- Understanding of how a self-organizing, agile software development team accomplishes work and an enthusiasm for Scrum rituals
- Willingness to closely collaborate with other developers both within and outside the iOS team
- Total ownership over the quality of their work and fluency in development practices that minimize bugs through UI testing and unit testing.
- Sense for good UX practices and enjoys working with our UX team to create experiences that delight our customers
Qualifications & Required Skills
- 1+ years of experience as a hands-on developer
- Proficiency with Swift and a working knowledge of Objective-C
- Knowledge of UX standards and the HIG
- Understanding of fundamental software development principles including design patterns and data structures
- Understanding of RESTful web services
- Understanding of Agile methodologies including Scrum and/or Kanban
- Bachelor’s degree (MIS or Computer Science emphasis) or equivalent experience
- Bonus: Experience with Swift unit testing including Quick and Nimble
- Exemplifies our values (effectiveness, authenticity, passion) in actions and behaviors
- Superb communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits tact and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations.
- Desire to learn and a “quick study” with new concepts, systems, and technologies
- Self-starting, self-directed, self-aware, and open to coaching/feedback
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary for long periods of time. In this position, you must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualification for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
Geocaching HQ embraces a diverse and inclusive workplace. Authenticity is one of our company core values and we strive to celebrate our differences. We encourage everyone to apply.
Read Full Job Description