The Unity Editor and runtime technology allows artists, designers and programmers to create real-time 3D experiences and has been recognized as one of the easiest and most powerful tools to use in the industry. We are looking for a Graphics lead for the Environment team to work with the team and a group of stakeholders to drive definition and direction of Unity’s environment authoring workflows and rendering technology.
Part of this work will be leading the team to define and implement the product roadmap for environment authoring and runtime technology. Other parts include coordinating development with tech art and other engineering teams, working closely with production to prioritize and balance roadmaps against resource availability and technical dependencies, and identifying core technologies needed to deliver on roadmaps.
If you love to solve interesting technical challenges and enjoy working closely with a talented team this is a great opportunity for you. As the lead of this team, your tasks are dynamic and ever evolving. You will manage and guide the team based on feedback from product management, customers, support etc. You will contribute ideas for the product and empower the team to create the best architectural design, implementation, testing, documentation, and maintenance. Do you take pride in your ability to propose comprehensive solutions to complex problems for state of the art workflows and runtime approaches, working closely with tech art, product management, while pragmatic technology and platform considerations? Would you like to improve the life of every Unity developer that works with graphics features, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance? If you are also looking to put your work in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world you have come to the right place.
For this leadership role, in particular, we seek true servant leaders, who serve the team first. We are seeking good humans, with good hearts; people who strive for excellence in everything they do. We want to bring people in who thrive without micro-management, and who know that with this freedom comes great responsibility; who love gaming and real-time world creation, people with different experiences and different points of view. We are always looking for new perspectives in our teams.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Work with the development team, tech art / product management to define product vision and roadmap
- Help guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Collaborate with the team to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain solutions for Unity’s environment authoring workflows and runtime technologies
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code, inspire and help develop more junior members of the team
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans together with the team
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Proficiency developing with C# and C++
- Experience with large-scale, cross-platform real-time graphics software development
- Experience developing rendering algorithms on modern console architectures or mobile platforms and/or PC
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks with positive thinking and happy attitude
- Experience developing UI, tools and workflows using modern approaches and scripting languages
- Experience on environment authoring workflows for AAA games productions
- Tenacious will to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Solid C++, data-driven design, and architecture skills
- Focused problem solver with a natural investigative ability to seek the best solution and ability to align the team towards that goal
- Deep knowledge of profiling and optimization for graphics technologies for modern hardware
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.