Lead Software Engineer, Real-Time Systems
Amperity is a rapidly growing technology company led by repeat entrepreneurs and seasoned business leaders and technologists. Our expertise in large-scale data management, enterprise software, and machine learning has empowered us to innovate and build a paradigm-shifting solution to one of consumer brands’ most fundamental challenges today. Every brand is striving to have a more personal relationship with their customers, but the data they possess about these customers is scattered throughout disparate systems.
Enter Amperity. We have created a platform that can rapidly and intelligently unify customer data at scale, which powers our customers to make smart decisions and bring their best ideas to life. Amperity commercially launched our signature product in September 2017 and has already made significant customer traction with incredible consumer businesses like Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Gap, Moet Hennessy USA, TGI Fridays, Kendra Scott, and Wynn Las Vegas to name a few. We believe that the technology at the core of our offering will set the standard for how forward-thinking companies manage their customer data.
We stay connected through our values. We play for each other. That means we show up for each other, act with empathy, and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We're growing this company not for own personal gain, but for each other. We build for durability. That means creating something worth creating, that will endure the test of time. We do this by relentlessly focusing on our customers' success, building high-quality systems, and planning for long-term scale. We're grounded by humility and driven by ambition. We focus on making things better, today. We're hungry, we're passionate, and we love tough problems and new challenges. You don't hear a lot of "I don't know how" or "I can't" at Amperity. When faced with a hurdle, we jump.
Come join us.
- The Real-Time team at Amperity focuses on taking the best of our batch-oriented architecture and extending it to real-time use cases for our customers. Think sub-100ms APIs, strategically located data centers, caching, 24x7 availability, and integration with our powerful but comparatively slow digital elephants who eat datasets on the order of hundreds of gigabytes. If you’re spinning up an ad-hoc job in Kubernetes, it’s already too late!
- You have built systems with real-time streaming or message queue technologies like Kafka, Storm, RabbitMQ, coupled with low-latency data stores like Redis or Riak
- With your eye to performance, you know the strengths and pitfalls of the above, when to recommend real-time tools and how to build your own if needed
- As a team leader for an always-on service, you have been on the other side of the “red phone”, and know the best ways to keep it from ringing
- You have experience building and evolving robust, standards-oriented APIs for consumption by a wide range of customers and their needs
- You are open minded, inclusive, and motivated to make good decisions
Technologies We Use
- Open Source tools such as Accumulo, Spark, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.