Manager, Software Development at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking a Manager, Software Development to join our fast-growing engineering team. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day management and enablement of one or more feature teams in direct support of the development and deployment of our products. We’re looking for someone with a successful track leading highly efficient & collaborative software development teams in an agile development environment.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be flexible, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.Responsibilities:
- Support a team of 5-8 software development engineers.
- Participate in hiring, onboarding, and mentoring software development engineers.
- Take an active role in developing (coaching & mentoring) junior & senior engineers on the team to help them reach their full potential.
- Review pull requests and provide technical guidance to team members on design & implementation approaches.
- Support one or more feature squads working on complex product features.
- Collaborate with peers and partners throughout the organization.
- Own and maintain technical design methodologies, processes, and standards.
- At least 2 years of experience managing or leading software development engineers.
- Demonstrated ability building web applications at scale using Django, Rails, or some equivalent framework.
- A collaborative teammate with excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience delivering high-quality features, with excellent judgment on balancing time-to-market and scalability.
- Highly confident throughout the stack, whether that’s building responsive front-end interfaces or building backends and APIs.
- Knowledgeable on standard methodologies for the full software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving requirements and designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or related experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background checks are required
We're disrupting the $130 billion corporate training market with our modern, easy-to-use, enterprise training platform. Our inbound customer demand has been phenomenal and we are beginning to scale up for growth. We are a professional and experienced team, highly collaborative, and enjoy team lunches and a fun and balanced work environment. This is an amazing opportunity to join a funded, early stage startup!Our Benefits
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.