Marketing Systems Developer
● Support web-related systems as member of this subteam with a variety of front-end
● Develop quality code that is well-documented, testable, and production-ready.
● Understand and implement business requirements - from the development of new
components and features, to systems integration, to complex interfaces.
● Understand/support lead gen and UX goals of web marketing team.
● Work with Product/Program Manager on project priority, providing feedback on status
● Take initiative to research and learn emerging technologies when asked.
● Work with other developers, system engineers, and QA engineers throughout the product
development, testing, and implementation phases to ensure product integrity.
● Stay current on technical advancements and suggest ways to streamline tasks and
processes for efficiency.
● Be passionate about building web solutions that are resilient, secure and scalable to
function in a global, 24/7 intensive business environment.
● 5+ years software engineering experience, with broad understanding of web principles
● 5+ years HTML/CSS(SASS) creation.
● 2+ years using RESTful APIs (SOAP a bonus).
● Experience with MavensMate, AJAX and JSON.
● Familiar with responsive development (Bootstrap a plus).
● Experience with GIT required (Jenkins a bonus).
● Proactive communication and concurrent documentation.
● Track record of accurate task breakdown/estimation, unit testing, and delivering on time
and in scope.
● Experience using lean project tracking software (Jira a bonus).
● Experienced in Agile development.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.