Pivotal Commware develops 5G communications platforms, systems and applications based on Holographic Beam Forming® , a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. HBF allows Pivotal to create software-defined antennas that can harness, shape and direct radio waves with order-of magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in cost, size, weight and power consumption (C-SWaP). HBF enables mobile network operators to maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal™.
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Drafter to design and develop product drawings for documentation of current and future designs of our customizable antenna systems. This position will be responsible for utilizing Solidworks on a daily basis and will work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment working closely with a small group of scientists, engineers and business leaders. This is a contract role through the end of the year.
•Performs basic design tasks under engineering review
•Perform complex electro-mechanical drafting assignments from rough sketches and verbal instructions
•Prepare detailed drawings and complete mechanical or electrical drawings of components and assemblies
•Verify work for completeness and accuracy
•Check dimensions, bills of materials and quantities
• Provide design modifications to existing product and creates and manages ECOs under product data management (Arena experience a plus)
• Work with technicians to develop assembly instructions
• 2+ years of working in a Mechanical Design/Drafter capacity
• Ability to take direction, stay focused, and meet deadlines
• Ability to apply advanced drafting and modeling techniques using Solidworks 2019
• Good analytical and math skills
• Proficient knowledge of geometric tolerance and ANSI Y14.5
• Basic fixturing design experience
• Detailing plastic parts
• Accurate and detail-oriented
• Ability to multi-task, work quickly, accurately and communicate effectively with team members
• Experience creating complete design/documentation packages for production
• Fluency in both written and oral English. Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports and presentations
• Solidworks vault and administrator experience
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
• Manufacturing experience in medium to high volume production
• Design for manufacturing experience (DFM)
• Hands on experience with machine shop equipment
• 3D printing experience
• Experience with material finish and cosmetic standards
• Product verification support – thermal testing, HALT/HASS
• This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials.
Named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly respect and seek to empower each individual while supporting diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description