Operations Engineer at Amazon
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth and we believe our neighbors are our customers. Are you passionate about being a part of a team where your work has meaningful impact on communities and those in need? Do you get excited about operating in an ambiguous green field environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to define a roadmap for work that is critical to Amazon’s continued ability to deliver smiles in communities? Amazon is seeking a Operations Engineer to support the Amazon Logistics North America (AMZL NA) Process Engineering team. This individual will be responsible for designing, managing and executing the next generation of delivery station processes, equipment, and operations. This is a unique opportunity to own new innovative projects that will advance the intelligence of our last mile business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Plan and design systems that increase critical-to-quality (CTQ) business needs by improving integration of people, materials, equipment, software, and finance
· Recommend and implement changes to safety procedures, work methods, and labor standards
· Project management from conception to completion
· Set clear goals and lead a team to achieve those goals
· Conduct and lead project meetings with Sr. Management
· Assessing and optimizing the processes and equipment used in the Delivery Station
· Typical projects could include spearheading a redesign effort for the inbound receiving dock, evaluating the ergonomic needs and issues for shipping clerk workstations, or conducting a capacity planning and analysis study for peak season.
· Travel approximately 40% of the time
· · Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other STEM field
· · 4+ years of experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer, or related occupation.
· · Experience with managing material handling or automation projects.
· · Design and/or implementation experience with integrated automation solutions, such as material handling systems, high-speed packaging lines, or manufacturing lines.
· · Experience with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook.
· · Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD, REVIT, BIM 360, etc.)
· · Background in Last Mile Operations.
· · MBA, MSc or MEng (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent)
· · Certified OE Black Belt, Green Belt or Lean Sensei
· · Experience with simulation and 3D modeling software
· · 6-Sigma Black Belts
· · Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and key stakeholders and the ability to work under pressure in a cross functional organization
· · High level of written, verbal and interpersonal skills
· · Demonstrated success in hands-on process development and improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit