Principal Cryptographer - applied cryptography, blockchain, Rust
A little bit about us…
We're a well-financed, financial technology start-up located in Seattle. We're growing (currently less than 20 employees) and need a senior level Cryptographer/Security Software Engineer to help us deliver our game changing platform. At Transparent Systems we are transforming global financial settlements with an open universal platform that enables secure, frictionless payments through distributed cryptographic systems. Our product offering supports applications from B2B payments and cash management for financial institutions to cross border transactions and remittances. (Location is Seattle or Bay area).
What you’ll be doing:
· Work on a large scale distributed system with a blockchain core.
· Design, implement, and optimize core cryptographic libraries and secure systems (protocols and mechanisms).
· Perform technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews.
· Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
· Conduct research to identify new attack avenues and product enhancements.
· Represent Transparent in collaborating with academic, research, and open source technical groups working on the latest developments in cryptography.
What you likely bring to us:
· You have start-up experience and you really want to work on v1.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
· Experience implementing cryptographic primitives/algorithms and cryptographic protocols.
· Experience with any of the following is a plus: Go, Rust, C, C++.
· Significant experience building secure applications and strong knowledge of authentication protocols and applied cryptography.
· Must be able to identify and defend against protocol/network-level attacks.
· Strong experience with security-oriented system design with applied cryptography at the forefront.
· Outstanding verbal communication skills and listening skills.
· You have tenacity to do it right and you have the propensity for action
· Ability to communicate effectively with any audience and get to root cause and then solution.
What we offer:
* Competitive start-up salary.
* Full benefits package.
* Fun place to work with smart people! #1 small company to work for in Seattle via BuiltIn
* Collaborative environment and a small team, make a big impact immediately.
* You can bring your dog to work if you like.
* We’re just getting started!
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To agencies: We are currently not working with agencies, thanks.
Read Full Job Description