Principal Engineer - Platform at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:54 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer.
We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
We value ownership and innovation, and we build our teams with that in mind. We want each team to be responsible and accountable for what they ship but we don't want to reinvent the wheel. Our philosophy to achieve this is relying on excellent tooling and automation over policies and processes, creating a pit of success that naturally gets teams to align in terms of practices and technologies.
That is the Auth0 Platform (internal PaaS): a set of internal tools and services that development teams use to make their life easier when shipping their features. As we continue to grow, we are creating new teams that own more specific parts of Auth0. To encourage and simplify operational ownership, we will be splitting our existing services into smaller, more decoupled ones that separate teams will own. At the same time, we want to allow new teams that are forming to quickly be able to go from development to production in a reliable way and following recommended practices.
Teams should be able to set up core pieces like observability, reliable deployment mechanisms, secure communication channels, database access and capacity planning with minimal overhead required from their side.
- Define and share the vision for a cloud Platform that is scalable, reliable and secure.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering teams to build Auth0's internal PaaS in order to enable other development teams to build on Auth0's vision of "conquering the world one login box a time."
- Spend time working with internal customers to understand their needs and sell them on the Auth0 platform
- Implement features across different teams using technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, node.js, MongoDB, Postgres, Kubernetes.
You might be good for this role if you:
- Have experience building PaaS and IaaS platforms that are running in production (either Public or Private).
- Have walked the road of evolving monolithic systems into a service oriented architecture.
- Design and architect large scale distributed systems.
- Constantly strive to hit the right balance between simplicity and flexibility.
- Have a great ability to collaborate with multiple teams and get consensus on a vision.
- Have great empathy for customer's needs and continuously iterate on your understanding of a problem space based on their feedback.
- Are passionate about building reliable, secure, scalable services collaborating with multiple teams.
- Have 10+ years of software development experience
- Have 3+ years of experience working on cloud applications
You can learn more about our hiring process here.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description