Principal Engineer XM Platform
Principal Engineer XM PlatformWhy Qualtrics:
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, analyze, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM globally and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure and define the future of Experience Management from technical perspective! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
As a Principal Engineer for XM Platform, you will be responsible for defining and deploying autonomous services with deep focus on architecture, production operations, capacity planning, performance management, deployment, and release engineering. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams helping deliver new and outstanding experiences to our stakeholders while ensuring reliability and performance. You will design and develop systems to automate away the engineering effort required to operate our services at scale. You will apply leading edge open source and internally developed technologies to ensure our platform exceeds performance and availability SLAs.
Expectations For Success
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional customer projects.
- Ensure the quality, performance, and scalability of our platform architecture and design.
Day In the Life
You will work with individual teams to ensure that all systems can scale to meet the ever-increasing demands of our rapidly growing business. You will identify and pursue opportunities to integrate technical solutions across all Qualtrics teams. You will also be expected to dedicatedly identify common problem spaces across teams and ensure we build best-in-class solutions to meet our customers’ needs without impeding the agility of individual business verticals. You will help drive the direction and development of a premier technology organization and be at the center of all key system level decisions.
You will lead and engage in design reviews, architectural discussions, requirements definitions and other technical activities as a leader within Qualtrics. You’ll have the opportunity to work on our most complex problems. You will also give to the health of our engineering culture. You are a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Your expertise is deep and broad; you’re hands on, capable of producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 12+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
- Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
- Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
- Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.
- Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration, automated deployment and configuration management.
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees
- To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories