Principal Software Engineer – Rust, Distributed Systems at Transparent Systems
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:11 a.m. (PST) on Friday, July 31, 2020
Transparent Systems is transforming financial infrastructure with on-demand settlement solutions. Leveraging cryptographically secured distributed networks, we’re reducing the friction in making and receiving payments. Starting with B2B payments and treasury management solutions, our goal is to create a more inclusive economy that empowers your business and your money.
We always live our core values of collaboration, transparency, diversity, and accountability, which reflect in the way we work together, treat each other, and in the products we build.
We are searching for Senior- and Principal-level Software Development Engineers to join our team in our Seattle headquarters. Curious what you would be doing? Let’s keep it simple – we need you to code! You’ll be collaborating with the team and working with the co-founder/CTO to develop a game changing product, as well as future iterations of our platform. This is pure engineering/software development opportunity.
What you bring to us:
- Expertise in Rust and the ability to help others master it, too (more on this below)
- 10+ years of experience shipping quality software products
- Experience making architecture decisions
- Experience thriving in small teams
- A great ability to do what’s needed now and plan for the future versions
- Platform, cloud, and networking experience
- A Bachelor’s in Computer Science, EE, or equivalent
- Your "ship with quality" mentality
You're a terrific fit if:
- You have startup experience, and you really want to work on something new
- You have familiarity with any of the tools we use: Rust, Docker, Kubernetes, Typescript
- You have tenacity to do it right the first time, and you have the propensity to act
- You view software development as your craft and not just a job
- You’re versatile – you can effectively code across the technology stack
- You learn at hyper speed, and if you have experience with blockchain technology or want to learn blockchain technology, that's a plus
- You’re well connected to the Rust community and open source project
As a Rust development shop, this means there is an opportunity for a seasoned Rustacean to help the team at large:
- Write more idiomatic Rust
- Better utilize the borrow checker, monomorphization, futures, async/await, and other Rust features
- More fully embrace industry best practices in Rust, including: test-driven design and testable design; Modularity, single responsibility principle, and loose coupling functional programming concepts
- The ability to effectively teach the above concepts to others with a wide variety of backgrounds and experience levels
- Represent the company with the larger Rust community and open source project
What we offer:
- Work at a cutting-edge startup
- Competitive startup salary
- Full benefits package
- You can learn and grow in role while making a huge impact
- Fun place to work with smart people
- Collaborative environment and a small team, make a big impact immediately
Read more about us: https://www.builtinseattle.com/company/transparent-systems
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To agencies: We are currently not working with agencies, thanks.
Read Full Job Description