In Connected Devices, we are solving some of the hardest IoT challenges today. We design, deploy and manage 1000s of smart camera systems (both in-car and body-cameras) used by 100s of law enforcement agencies around the globe. For example, our Fleet3 product enables law enforcement officers collect video evidence in addition to accurately performing Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) in real-time using AI deep learning models deployed on device.
If you enjoy working on large-scale projects and collaboratively leading the technical direction of an engineering team, this role is for you. We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind. We aim far while delivering results that consistently delight our Customers.
You are a Staff Software Engineer with experience building high quality and efficient software applications. You have deep interest in devices and how they communicate with the cloud. You can influence our engineering architecture to help lead us into the next phase of growth for our Connected Devices IoT platform.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and have a positive impact on the world.
- Lead engineering architecture design reviews
- Set a high technical bar for the team through code and design reviews
- Mentor colleagues and provide technical input to leadership
- Work across Product, Design, and Engineering teams to solve complex technical challenges for our customers
- Improve our Engineering processes, including long-term planning, agile methodology, CI/CD, and software quality initiatives
- Build software that raises the bar for availability and latency in this mission-critical space
- Work with the latest open source technologies and toolchains
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Ability to write beautiful, simple, maintainable code
- Experience collaborating with engineers on a wide breadth of platforms; everything from chipset vendors to backend services, mobile and desktop applications
- Deep skills in driving technical solutions across multiple teams
- Significant software development experience in C/C++, Go, Rust and/or another systems programming language.
- Strong experience with RTOS and/or Embedded Linux development
- Ability to communicate technical concepts, in both written and verbal form, to a wide variety of audiences
- Mindset of continuous learning and development
- Interest in helping to set the technical and organizational direction for a growing engineering team across multiple global locations
- Experience with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and/or Cellular technologies
- Experience with audio, video, networking and/or security technologies
- Experience with Yocto/Open-Embedded
- Expertise in C/C++ and Go
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...