Quality Assurance Engineer/SDET - App Experience
Smartsheet is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer/SDET to join our team. The most successful candidate has a history of identifying and making improvements in QA and yet still has the ability, drive, and passion to be a standout individual contributor. As a black box tester you notice the details and have an instinct for quickly finding issues and accurately reporting them. As an SDET you are able to identify the areas to automate for highest return on investment and add automation on top of an existing framework. At heart, you are a hands-on tester who eagerly meets new challenges, values the customer, and will be able to increasingly contribute to the success of our award winning software.
This position will be located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and will report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Quickly learn and develop expertise in new and/or assigned test areas
- Own, identify, and prioritize the execution and results of manual test efforts
- Plan, write and update relevant QA documentation
- Identify the right areas to automate and contribute to automation efforts
- Be an advocate for our customers
- Work effectively with development and PM counterparts
- 3+ years of software test experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Proven experience with cloud-based applications
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Enthusiasm to dig into technical features, issues and specifications
- Creativity and initiative for improving product test coverage and effectiveness
- Skills in analyzing, diagnosing and solving complex problems
- Demonstrated self-motivation, self-management and flexibility to prioritize work
- Knowledge of QA methodologies, automation, tools and test approaches
- Front end and/or back end web service testing
- Working knowledge of browser developer tools and plug-ins
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, capture, manage, automate, and report on work at scale. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
How We’re Different
Smartsheet's instantly familiar, easy-to-use interface means adoption rates are high and allows business users and their teams to solve real problems without IT help.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.