RF Systems Deployment Engineer at Pivotal Commware
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:54 a.m. (PST) on Friday, December 13, 2019
Pivotal Commware is the inventor of Holographic Beam Forming® (HBF), a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics that enables its Software Defined Antennas to harness, shape and direct radio waves so mobile carriers can maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand. HBF offers order-of-magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in Cost, Size, Weight and Power consumption (C-SWaP) and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal.
We are seeking an RF Systems Deployment Engineer to provide forward, hands-on support. You’ll demonstrate product capabilities, solve our customer’s most complex operational issues, and be indispensable to our entire sales cycle. Rooted within customer operations and critical to developing long-term customer relationships, you will quickly become our technical subject-matter expert in HBF antenna solutions.
As an RF Systems Deployment Engineer at Pivotal Commware, you will:
● Assist customers pre- and post-sales to provide technical assistance, product education, and training
● Design and demonstrate solutions to meet customer requirements, including RF antenna solutions, physical interfaces, and custom installations
● Interpret, communicate, and manage customer requirements to internal staff, including escalating technical challenges to Product Managers and Engineering
● Produce white papers, use cases, and other documentation for products
● Help identify product improvements, provide input to technical deliberations, recommend courses of action, drive implementation directives, and lead troubleshooting for complex systems
● Assist with implementation, optimization, testing, and issue resolution for HBF antenna products and systems
● Maintain expert knowledge of Holographic Beamforming antenna products and solutions
Our ideal RF Systems Deployment Engineer will have:
● Multiple years of experience as an RF Engineer, Solutions Architect, Presales Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Field Application Engineer, Field Service Representative, or similar
● Extensive knowledge of RF products and systems, including design principles for systems ranging from 6 to 86 GHz, and a familiarity with link budget calculations
● Hands-on experience with measurement techniques, use of vector spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, network analyzers, power meters, and other RF test equipment
● Working experience with power amplifiers, mixers, LNAs, filters, couplers, switches, VVAs, IQ modulator and demodulator, ADC, DAC, Baseband amplifiers/filters and synthesizers
● Ability to troubleshoot communications systems and architectures, conduct group training, and manage equipment inventory and readiness
● Ability to write Python scripts and GUI’s for customer demo prototype solutions as well as connecting to the hardware interface (C++)
● An Electrical Engineering or related STEM degree
● Experience with power supply design, hardware prototyping, hardware debugging, other hardware design concepts, and/or 3gpp will be highly regarded
Pivotal was named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019 and has attracted $40M in investment. At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
APPLY NOW or learn more about us and HBF at PivotalCommware.com
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Read Full Job Description