Salesforce.com Developer and Business Partner
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
As a member of the business operations and sales strategy team, you will architect and maintain our Salesforce.com CRM, collaborate across the organization, and lend analytical support to a variety of experiments centered around marketplace building. You think strategically, and can own a problem end to end. Key areas of investment could include developing growth & sales metrics, custom dashboards, & interfacing directly with shippers.
You have a deep knowledge of the Salesforce platform and you are a subject matter expert in its development. You are passionate about your work, self-motivated, detail-oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. You will deal with highly ambiguous problems and help to find and implement simple solutions. You are an effective communicator and can translate data into information, insights, and recommendations for action.
You will take ownership of:
- Salesforce Architecture. Translating business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products.
- Integration. Develop, test, and document custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation.
- Custom Solutions. Develop custom solutions and interfaces on top of the Salesforce platform while leveraging existing products and/or making recommendations to use additional products.
- Test Planning. Execute test plans to ensure quality delivery. Ensure that quality assurance and security practices are adhered to in deploying new features and functions.
- Workflow. Provide estimates and work breakdown structures for assigned tasks.
- Driving analysis. Be a thought partner with internal Demand leaders on salesforce architecture, experimentation, and reporting projects.
- Executing. Proactively recommend and work on special projects related to unlocking revenue growth and scaling Convoy’s market expansion.
- Thinking Strategically. Help align priorities, and set a timelines to reach goals quickly.
- Providing Scope. Create effective mechanisms for understanding feature level opportunity size, continually focusing engineering resources on the most impactful investments.
- Being a key member of the BOSS team - we’re a close-knit, scrappy team that are solving some of the most critical problems at Convoy.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in Salesforce-based development, project management, or consulting, BI, or strategy roles
- Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions and have the ability to build those solutions
- Ability to design, code, test, debug, and maintain software applications
- Experience developing and delivering solutions to real customer problems, preferably with an emphasis on Sales, Customer Service, Operations, and/or Marketing issues
- Experience with integrations and knowledge of integration patterns
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
- Superior organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- SQL proficiency
- Advanced Administrator (ADM-211 or ADM-301), Developer (DEV-401) Salesforce.com Certification
- Strong communication and keen attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description